Help Us Help Families
Young House Family Services began in 1971 as a faith project responding to the needs of troubled children and families. Today the agency has facilities in Burlington, Mt. Pleasant and Fairfield, and provides a wide range of counseling and behavioral health services to over 4,000 children and families every year throughout Southeast Iowa.
Christ’s statement, as quoted in Luke 9:48, “The person who in My name welcomes this child, welcomes Me...” embodies the spirit of Young House Family Services. Our special mission is to serve Christ by offering a wide range of human services designed to provide for the spiritual, physical, and emotional care of children and families.
- We depend on our community partnerships for support and assistance.
- Monetary donations are accepted at any time, and help fund programs and services that help children and families.
- There are several means for businesses to sponsor Young House Family Services events, providing partnership and promotion opportunities.
- We are always accepting donations for basic daily living items for our facilities, as well as the families we work with.
- As we assist families with managing behaviors, challenges and life stressors, we often discover they are lacking basic needs, including food, clothing and shelter. The Young House Family Services IMPACT Program helps meet some of the basic needs and connects families to community resources.
- There are many ways to help our facilities provide for daily living needs, including food items, hygiene products, first aid and over-the-counter medication items, laundry soap and cleaning supplies.
- Young House Family Services needs individuals who will provide ongoing support to the children and families of our community.
- Volunteer opportunities include support, tutoring, repair projects, and assisting with special events.